rant'nrave

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Social Networking

I read the articles suggested and I must admit I've revised my opinion on My Space ,from the previous excercise.Libraries in some places are literally fighting for their survival,and we need to use all the secret weapons and sophisticated gadgetry it takes to entice young people through our doors.It doesn't appear to be much of a problem here,but who knows how many more youngsters we would attract if we were more switched on.
I'm of the generation who think children should be out in the fresh air, or at least participating in some hobby,but being a computer geek is infinitely preferable to being a couch potato in front of the idiot box!Who knows by making "our space" more appealing,we could be opening up a whole new world and they might just discover that reading is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home